6.11.2009

Things I Wish I Had Never Said

I was talking with a friend yesterday afternoon and said flipidly, "that goes on the list of things I wish I had never said..." Well I got to thinking and sure enough, there is a list. My secretary at San Bernardino Community Church used to refer to the "Idle Words Room" in Hell, where we would have to listen to ourselves saying all of the worthless things we talked about during our life on earth in a constantly repeating loop. That would be Hell for me.

Anyhow, here's my list. (This list is not intended to be complete - in order to protect the innocent and guilty alike.)

"I'll be there at 5AM."
"I'll be glad to help you dig that ditch"
"Any idiot can do that!" (I don't know what that makes me then. What's lower than an idiot?)
"That'll never work."
"Super size that."
"I'll have that ready by morning."
"I think we should fire the gardener."
"I can tile all 1200 sq. ft. by myself."

Well, there's my starter list. Add one or two in a comment.

4 comments:

jillylilly June 11, 2009 at 9:00 AM  

Yes...

Nancy (and Don) Glewwe June 11, 2009 at 9:41 AM  

To a stranger...."Oh, when's your baby due!"
"I'm never going to eat sugar again."
"My kids will NEVER..."

epic bruce June 11, 2009 at 11:38 AM  

Sarah, "My kids will never...." OHhhhh yes to that one!

epic bruce June 12, 2009 at 9:43 AM  

Ohhh yes here's one I forgot, "Sure, I'll help you move."

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP