6.27.2008

Viva Las Vegas

On the missions trip. Packing up to leave. Just a quick thought for you before I start for home. I'll give you more details later.





What a great trip. My first experiences with a homeless missions trip and a US missions trip. got to work for Habitat for Humanity and have always wanted to (well relatively always... I was born before Habitat for Humanity... In fact I remember the Carter presidency with some vivid recollection.... hmmmm!) Also served in a rescue mission and in a homeless feeding ministry.





When Kirk Warmerdam dreamed up the trip it was a trip to serve. Just get involved with what God is already doing and serve those who are in need and those who are already committed to what God is doing. Vegas became the destination. And Kirk did an amazing job of finding places to serve. I joined the trip half way through.



How do like that hair net look?
This was my first time working in a feeding ministry. It was great. It was more than great.

I can't say that I had a Heaven opening up moment, or that I recognized Jesus peering back at me through the eyes of someone I served. I just recognized that I was where I should be. I was in God's will. I was in the place of a Christ-FOLLOWER.

Anyhow, it's time for me to run to the airport. I'll give you more later.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP