6.17.2008

I Make Good Babies

SEE!



I found this T-shirt that says "I make good babies" several months ago. It was more expensive than I wanted to pay at the time, but I just couldn't forget about it. I think it really says what I am most proud of (my children - the product of a genetic pool for which I own absolutely no personal responsibility) and I wanted it. So I went back to get it and had to find the right size at an out-of-town location.

Well, I kept the shirt in my closet for a couple of months waiting for Father's day to debut the iconic statement on my chest. And on Father's Day it got just the response I knew it would. It is such a shockingly brash way of bragging on my children. No one can read the shirt without a smile if not an out loud roaring laugh.

The best response of all came from my 7 year old Merritt.

On Sunday morning upon arriving at Pioneer Middle School to set up for our worship gathering, Merritt noticed my shirt. he laughed out loud and then read the shirt aloud. I looked at him and said, "so, what do you think?" He looked at me a bit puzzled, so I asked him who my babies are. He responded correctly, "Me, Mason, and Molly." And so I asked with bravado in my voice, "So, do I make good babies?" Merritt paused for a few moments with an accusing look on his face and said, "Dad, babies come from moms."

That pretty much ended that conversation. We laughed together and got on with our Sunday morning routine.

7 comments:

Diana June 18, 2008 at 10:54 PM  

I LOVE Merritt's reaction. Rhonda told me that story Sunday morning and I got a huge kick out of it. You guys do make good babies!

Crystal June 23, 2008 at 12:53 PM  

Bruce! Hi! So good to see your blog, I've been keeping up Rhonda for a bit now :). You just let Merritt go right on thinkin' that for the next few years. Good boy. :).

Kali January 14, 2009 at 6:47 PM  

Hi, I just saw your shirt on TV so looked it up online and your blog popped up. Where did you get it? I would love to get it for my husband. email-bessygirl82@hotmail.com. Thanks so much!
Kali

Anonymous January 15, 2009 at 3:38 AM  

Bruce, awesome t-shirt! I'd really like to get one, could you let me know where about's

Much appreciated

Kind regards

info@white-hot.co.uk

NeedaLimb January 18, 2009 at 2:47 PM  

where could i buy this e-mail me
iamyourfake@aol.com

Anonymous January 19, 2009 at 8:55 AM  

Guys, found it at urbanoutfitters.com but unfortunately it's not in stock.

I reckon if enough people email them then they might put it back in stock, their email is: service@urbanoutfitters.com

Unknown January 22, 2009 at 12:43 PM  

Bruce,

Congrats on fatherhood and glad you like the shirt! If people ask, you can always find it at Emperors New Clothes if it is out of stock at Urban Outfitters or Bloomingdales.

Take care,

Brian
www.enctees.com

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP