9.23.2009

Thoughts About Failure

Failure is an event, not a person.
I love this thought. It clearly reminds me that although I will surely experience failure, I am not one. Maybe you too!

God does not look at us through the lens of our greatest failure, but through the lens of our greatest potential.

I think God likes it when we fail some. We learn so much that way. Faith grows that way. I think there is a way to fail forward. To fail for trying instead of failing for lack of effort. In the parable of the talents its the guy who feared failure that received the master's reproof.

So, go on. Try it. Try it real big and just call it an experiment so that if you fail, everyone around you will just be looking for what you learn instead of what you produce. And if the experiment is a success, God gets all the credit!

2 comments:

Peter P September 25, 2009 at 9:27 AM  

"Failure is an event, not a person?"

My first thought when I saw that was "You have met me... right?"

This is a great post.. and something I really need to remember!

Eileen September 28, 2009 at 6:42 AM  

So cool. Excellent reminder... I love being able to peer into your thoughts; always so clear and insightful! I miss you as my pastor SO MUCH!!!

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP